Leading in a Coaching Mode
The complexity, volatility and speed of Work 4.o means managers cannot hold it all anymore. Leaders making that step of a more enabled and trusted team that can collaborate and innovate, need coaching to unlock the benefits.
Coaching employees to higher performance and confidence
Manager’s roles are changing significantly. In the past their worth was measured by knowing the answers, giving instructions, and providing their knowledge.
As the world changes exponentially instruction, direction and delegation are becoming less important and relevant. Managers don’t have time to know all the answers, things are changing too quickly for them to remain experts; its too much, too complex, too unpredictable.
Managers need to encourage futurist thinking for themselves and others, to support inclusive teams to take up agile mindsets and practices, and for people to be more self-directed. Coaching as a leadership tool enables employees to find solutions to challenges, and it is firmly established the most effective tool to develop self-directed and empowered employees. It enables managers to develop employees to their full potential, and to operate in a fast-moving environment.
Whatever role you have coaching can be an effective tool and approach to increase your effectiveness. We offer slightly different versions to Leaders and Specialists.
Leading in a Coaching Mode
We provide on-line or face-to-face development programmes to assist leaders in building confidence and capability in this critical skill. On-line programmes include shorter modules that can be delivered in a rhythm to suit your business over a number of weeks. Face-to-face sessions are can be delivered in different formats but are generally 2 to 4 days in length, with the longer ones split over two workshops.
- Coaching in a VUCA world
- Leadership paradoxes and polarities
- Different leadership styles and modes: where does coaching fit it?
- Coaching as a manager; fitting it into your approach
- Coaching principles and a practical coaching process
- Motivating and empowering for high performance
- Listening deeply to understand the topc and the person’s relationship to it
- Coaching tools: systemic questions, tackling challenges with visuals
- Creating a coaching ‘map’ for your team
- Extensive coaching practice on real leadership challenges
- How to ‘speed’ coach solutions in the moment and how to coach deeper more complex issues
Coaching as a specialist
Coaching training custom-designed to fit your population
We develop programmes for the following specific needs:
- Internal consultants needing to build skills or buy-in from their clients
- Project managers wanting to develop a more inclusive approach
- Technical experts who have to pass on knowledge regularly
- HR Business Partners who regularly have to influence and coach leaders
- Scrum Masters or Agile Coaches who use coaching to support their agile teams